- This event has passed.
Success Coaching and Mentoring: A Holistic Approach for At-Risk Students
July 26, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$220
Format: Teleconference Webinar
Registration Due: July 12, 2020
Registration Fee: $220.00
Time: 1-2:30 pm
Date: July 26, 2020
This webinar will provide techniques how to create environments conducive to success for at-risk students. By focusing on the structure and strengths of the student success coaching team (recruitment & training), along with the effects of key components of a student success coaching model (system) for this population of students, the facilitator will share successful, data-based engagement and retention strategies. In addition, the facilitator will discuss dynamics of the success coaching playbook, mentoring, success coaching techniques, student classification levels, building student accountability and ownership, internal and external engagement, and collaborative use of campus activities and resources. Participants will learn how to measure and increase institutional readiness and capacity, as well as, how to effectively engage at-risk students in the campus climate.
- Create awareness and buy-in from campus and community constituents Realize the importance of structuring the student success coaching team
- Identify how to effectively utilize a student success coaching/mentoring playbook
- Understanding the importance and value of “holistic” student success coaching for at-risk students
Who should attend?
- Academic Affairs/Instruction
- Advising/Career Services/Counselors
- Deans/Department Chairs
- Developmental Educators
- Enrollment Management
- Faculty (full and part-time)
- First-Year Experience Coordinators
- Learning Resource Centers/Tutors
- Retention Specialist
- Student Affairs
- Two and Four Year Higher Educational Institutions