- This event has passed.
Four Leadership Foundational Practices for New or Aspiring Deans
July 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Format: Teleconference Webinar
Registration Due: June 20, 2022
Registration Fee: $220.00
Time: 1-2:30 pm
Date: July 11, 2022
Educational Research has revealed that supportive leadership from academic deans is critical for the continuous enhancement of knowledge, skills, and performance of their faculty, and is central for the identification and development of future leaders within their higher educational institution. So—what makes for a strong and supportive leader and how can you hone these skills?
This webinar will help you articulate and develop the following four foundation leadership refined practices that will enable you to be a more effective dean:
- Build, empower, and inspire a strong leadership team
- Ensure an inspiring vision
- Model and encourage continual leadership learning and development
- Tailor your emotional intelligence communication
After working through these practices, you will leave the online training with more knowledge and skills necessary to handle the rigors that come with a deanship.
Who should attend?
- Academic Affairs/Instruction
- Aspiring New Leaders
- Deans/Department Chairs
- Executive Directors
- Faculty (full and part-time)
- First-Year Experience Coordinators
- Student Affairs
- Vice Presidents