Fostering A Culture Of Caring: Supporting Students With Mental Health Challenges
June 2, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Format: Teleconference Webinar
Registration Due: May 19, 2023
Registration Fee: $220.00
Time: 1-2:30 pm
Date: June 2, 2023
For educators, the past few years have been challenging. It can feel overwhelming when navigating constant adjustments in course delivery, changing expectations from administration, and teaching
and supporting students through all of these new social changes.
More so, academic staff are often the first to witness changes in their student’s behaviors. They are also often the first person a student will talk to about issues, including mental health concerns that aren’t easy to navigate in the face-to-face classroom, and comes with additional challenges when teaching online. It can be hard to know what signs to look for, how to intervene, how to have difficult conversations, who to refer to, and how to follow up with students when these situations arise.
Therefore, it is essential to ensure the institution provides support to its academic staff. What programs does your institution have in place for these kinds of situations? How do professors connect with the program? What types of strategies can student affairs provide academic staff on managing the stress of supporting and guiding students in distress? These are all critical components for building a sustainable support system for students and academic staff. To truly create a campus culture of care, all staff at the institution must be included in the process, educated on strategy, and supported when intervening and referring students in distress.
- Discover how to empower professors and academic staff about having difficult conversations with students in distress
- Learn how to educate faculty & staff about the BIT/CARE team and other resources available to them
- Learn specific strategies for creating a culture of care on their campus
Who Should Attend?
- Academic Affairs/Instruction
- Advising/Career Services/Counselors
- Deans/Department Chairs/Developmental Educators
- Enrollment Management
- Faculty (full and part-time)/First-Year Experience Coordinators
- K-12 Educators and Administrators
- Learning Resource Centers/Tutors
- Parents/Retention Specialist/Student Affairs