- This event has passed.
Creating An Active Learning Environment in the Virtual Classroom: Strategies and Teaching Techniques Designed to Improve Student Engagement
December 16, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Format: Teleconference Webinar
Registration Due: March 8, 2021
Registration Fee: $220.00
Time: 1-2:30 pm
Date: 12 March 2021
This webinar reviews a range of approaches that can be integrated into the synchronous and asynchronous online classroom to engage students as active collaborators in the teaching-learning dynamic. In addition, the facilitators will examine classroom assessment techniques and assignments that promote individual engagement with course material, questioning techniques that enliven asynchronous discussions, opportunities for active learning in videoconference sessions, feedback strategies that encourage active listening, instructional strategies to motivate critical thinking, and cooperative learning approaches to promote problem-solving. Throughout this session—the emphasis will be on practical, easy-to-implement pedagogical strategies that allows you to transform your online classroom into an active learning environment.
- Engage virtual students as active collaborators in the teaching-learning dynamic
- Implement effective questioning strategies to encourage active participation in asynchronous class discussions
- Integrate classroom assessment techniques to actively engage students in synchronous and asynchronous activities
- Integrate opportunities for active learning in synchronous video conference sessions
- Motivate critical thinking and engagement through the use of questioning, feedback and classroom activities
Who Should Attend?
Faculty (full and part-time)
First-Year Experience Coordinators
K-12 Educators and Administrators
Learning Resource Centers/Tutors
Two and Four Year Higher Educational Institutions