- This event has passed.
The QUEST: The Completion Project for Males of Color in Community Colleges
July 12 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$220
Format: Teleconference Webinar
Registration Due: June 28, 2019
Registration Fee: $220.00
Time: 1-2:30 pm
Date: July 12, 2019
This webinar highlights the design, development, and delivery of a quality educational program for males of color using a zero-dollar budget. The facilitator reviews the various definitions of learning communities and describes why their implementation is imperative—to help males of color complete the associate of arts degree in one year.
Learning Outcomes for this webinar include:
- Learn about a model process for increasing academic achievement for males of color.
- Learn how to identify and recruit campus personnel for participation in a males of color program.
- Learn why collaborative partnerships are essential for program development.
- Recognize the need to reform how students learn and are taught in higher education.
- Understand the role that academic affairs and student affairs educators, in partnership with faculty and students, can play in enhancing student learning in and out of the classroom.
The webinar facilitator is highly praised and respected for his savvy work with teacher education training programs; recruiting, educating, retaining, and graduating African-American males; and redesigning developmental education writing programs. Recently, he used a zero-dollar budget to operate a successful learning community (QUEST) that he designed and developed to help males of color earn an associate of arts degree in one year, while producing more than $16.5 million in FTEs.
Who should attend?
- Academic Affairs
- Admission Staff Leaders
- Deans/Department Chairs
- Director of Admission
- Director of Retention
- Enrollment Management Leaders
- Institutional Advancement
- Marketing Leaders
- Social Media Marketing Team/Student Affairs
- Two and Four Year Higher Institutions